(1) Meena: Two releases in December   (2) Udaya’s new producer   (3) Khusbu in Sathyan’s film   (4) Bala with Suresh Gopi in Boot  (5) Suspense follows Star Singer   (6) Parvathy opposite Mohanlal   (7) Marikkar Films release Dileep’s Romeo   (8) Malaysia, good shooting spot   (9) Superstars’ Christmas releases   (10) SMS, a campus-based flick  

Interview : Bhama, the new star!


Bhama, the rising actress in Malluwood, is being hailed as one of the best things that have ever happened to the industry. This bundle of talent may be just a film old but has taken over the entire filmdom with her striking performance in Lohitadas’ ‘Nivedyam’. We catch up with Bhama and find out how her life has changed post ‘Nivedyam’.

Excerpts from an Interview:

Did you always dream of becoming an actress someday?

Trust me when I say no. Actually films happened to me by chance. I got to romance camera first when one of my friends, who was anchoring a TV show fell ill and I had to act out her part in it. More than acting, what excited me was its site of shoot, Veegaland, a place where I always longed to go.

But as destined, Lohitadas Sir spotted me in the programme and I was offered this role. I clearly told him that I had no classical training in dance and was more inclined in music than dance. Nevertheless, he asked me to join the film from next day itself. I was thrilled.


There are a whole lot of telltales about the bad ways of the industry. Weren’t you afraid of stepping into it initially?

The entire crew of the film must have got amazed to see the number of people who accompanied me on the first day of our shooting. Almost the entire family and friends were present there. I was never a film buff and as such all this things were new to me. I was soon taken over by the ways of industry and later realized how different the industry is, unlike some of the accepted acuities.

Lohitadas is one of the most reverend filmmakers in Malluwood. How was it working with him?

The experience was incredible. Before working with him and getting to know him, I had heard of his so-called temper. But when I actually met him, I found him to be a friendly man. Shooting with newcomers isn’t easy but sir never lost his cool at us. He always made it a point to stay calm, as he feared that any unnecessary tensions on the sets could affect our performances. I’m really fortunate to have made my debut under his direction.

You are being compared with great Malayali actress Manju Warrier. How does it feel?


Well, I’ve great admiration for the actress. But I’d like to carve out my own niche rather than being compared to anybody else.

How has stardom changed you?

Life post Nivedyam has changed tremendously. Suddenly, my life is running very speedily. People have started to recognize me on the streets. Truly, its very overwhelming.

Tell us about your next releases.

Well, currently I’m doing Vinayan's Hareendran Oru Nishkalankan with Indrajith, Jayasurya and Manikkuttan. Next is Johny Antony's Cycle with Vineeth Sreenivasan, Vinu Mohan and Sandhya that will start rolling soon.

Polaroid Photo Orkut Greetings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Click here to visit Klik.us and build my Kliks
eXTReMe Tracker